[cfe-dev] clang r163717 (right now) not buildable? (asan_report.cc:282)

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 09:20:21 PDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 3:20 AM, Alexey Samsonov <samsonov at google.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > Yes, I'm seeing it too.
>>
>> I guess this might've been what Daniel Dunbar was trying to suppress
>> the other day.
>

> Yeah, the problem is that old Clang (3.0 is also considered "old" here)
> incorrectly produces -Winvalid-noreturn
> if a function has local variable with noreturn destructor.
>
> Yesterday we've added -Werror to default compile flags for AddressSanitizer
> runtime,

Ah, that would do it.

> so your build breaks there.
> Probably it's not the best idea: as David mentions, developers may use
> different compilers. We may break many
> of them if their weird (or old) compiler produces any kind of warning in
> ASan code. I'm removing -Werror now.

In the CMake build (& I think the Make build too) at the LLVM level
there's a cmake/configure option for building the whole project as
with -Werror. That's probably the right place for this option (& most
other diagnostic flags, etc, ideally) to live - at some point I want
to bring up a -Werror buildbot (or add it to one of the existing
builders - probably on in a phase2 build) to make this a bit easier to
maintain.

- David