[cfe-dev] clang r163717 (right now) not buildable? (asan_report.cc:282)

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 10:08:50 PDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 09:27:02 -0700, David Blaikie said:
>
>>What version of clang are you using to build?
>
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/c++
>
> from Xcode 4.4.1.

Short answer: You may want to build without -Werror, then use the
newly-built clang to self-host (with -Werror, if you like).

Long answer: not sure we have a specific supported compiler list &
what level of support we strive for (with regards to warning clean,
etc). Most people I know running -Werror are doing so with a
selfhosted clang usually in the order of months old at worst, some
rebuild/reinstall every night.