[cfe-dev] NOOB Cross compiling for iOS

jj2005 jj2005 at mac.com
Sun Sep 2 09:36:32 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have been struggling for weeks to cross compile some unix to run on
IOS(ATV2).
I must admit I thought this would be a simple task but it seems I am clearly
not experienced enough to figure this out by myself, so her I am in the
hopes someone would help me!!

I was trying to configure EIBD
http://www.auto.tuwien.ac.at/~mkoegler/index.php/eibd
with the help of http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/bcusdk/wiki/CrossCompiling

I soon found out that Clang was necessary, anyways I tried the following:

CXX="$DEVROOT/usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2"
CC="$DEVROOT/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2"

CPPFLAGS="-L/temp/include" LDFLAGS="-L/temp/lib" ./configure
--host=armv7-apple-darwin --target=armv7-apple-darwin
--build=i386-apple-darwin  --enable-onlyeibd --with-pth=/temp --prefix=/temp
--without-pth-test

And everything seems to be okay, but I still end up with a 64 bit binary??,
please, please, please what am I doing wrong??