[cfe-dev] Returning original parsing state after parsing arbitrary tokens

ja_comp ja_comp at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 02:58:23 PDT 2012

Vassil Vassilev wrote
> On 10/30/2012 09:35 AM, ja_comp wrote:
>> a) Could the StmtResult be "deep copied" to the parent process somehow?
>> (I'm not even sure what would be involved in creating a "inter-process
>> compatible" StmtResult.)
> You might want to have a look at ASTImporter and how LLDB use it.
> Vassil

Because I would be copying from one process to another, I think I would have
to rewrite ASTImporter to use something similar to a pipe mechanism that
doesn't have any pointers or references to process memory. I'm not sure that
I am capable of that.

The most promising solution to me seems to be option #4 from my previous
post.

Of course, it's possible that I'm misunderstanding something... it's been
known to happen : -)