[cfe-dev] Failing to CMake standalone clang-interpreter

Miguel Guedes miguel.a.guedes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 01:09:33 PDT 2012

Hello List,

I'm trying to build clang-interpreter as a standalone project using
CMake but am getting lots of undefined references in the linking stage.
Platform is Linux, using latest llvm & clang off SVN built into
/usr/local prefix using CMake.

I basically copied a slightly stripped down version of
llvm/tools/clang/CMakeLists.txt into my project's root dir. [0]

The project root dir's CMakeLists.txt includes subdirectory ./src in
which clang-interpreter.cpp is (which was taken from
llvm/tools/clang/examples/clang-interpreter/). Also one can find
src/CMakeLists.txt, which is essentially a copy of
llvm/tools/clang/examples/clang-interpreter/CMakeLists.txt, but with
more LLVM_LINK_COMPONENTS added [1].

Running:

   mkdir build -p && \
     cd build && \
     cmake .. -DCLANG_PATH_TO_LLVM_BUILD=/usr/local && \
     make

... results in lots of undefined references in the linking stage [2].

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? Would very much appreciate
any pointers.

Many thanks,

Miguel

[0] test-prj/CMakeLists.txt: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1317323/