[cfe-dev] clang: Large number of include paths crashes clang

Liu, Yaxun (Sam) Yaxun.Liu at amd.com
Fri Oct 26 06:47:10 PDT 2012

You can use response file. Basically put all your command line options in a file, then use @file_name in your clang command line.

Sam

From: cfe-dev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu [mailto:cfe-dev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu] On Behalf Of Sujit Kamthe
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 7:37 AM
To: Clang Developers
Subject: [cfe-dev] clang: Large number of include paths crashes clang

Hi team,
When the number of include paths specified using -I option or -include option is huge, the length of the command built becomes huge and at some point it exceeds the maximum length of the command allowed by shell/DOS/windows.

e.g. On windows if the command length exceeds about 32767 chars (if I am not wrong) the command is half built and becomes invalid.
Is there any way by which we can handle this issue?

Regards,
Sujit Kamthe

[buildbox_logo]
Productivity & FE | Automotive and Engineering SBU | KPITCummins Infosystems Ltd|Board: +91 20 66525000 | Extn:3102 |Mobile:7709076120

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.