[cfe-dev] Instances of Variable Usage (SSA form)

Mohammad Adil madil90 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 12:42:45 PDT 2012

Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have a small issue
though. I've used a CompilerInvocation and CompilerInstance to set up
clang. Then I use parseAST to parse the clang AST. My program can't find
standard C++ headers like <string> and <stdio.h>. How do I make clang
automatically find system include directories (e.g. /usr/include etc).

Regards,
Adil

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Anna Zaks <ganna at apple.com> wrote:

> You could search for all DeclRefExprs that refer to the particular
> variable declaration (by doing an AST walk).
>
> Note that this will find only syntactic references to a particular
> variable, but will not trace the data flow. For example,
> int x = 0;
> int y = x;
> use(y); // This will not be a use of x.
>
> (SSA form just guarantees that there is only a single assignment for each
> variable.)
>
> Anna.
> On Oct 18, 2012, at 11:21 PM, madil90 <madil90 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >   I want to use clang to find out all the instances of a variable usage.
> > e.g. I want to find out every place where the variable 'x' was used? I
> know
> > that, in theory, this problem can be solved using the SSA form. How can
> I do
> > this in clang?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adil