[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Announcement: Phabricator for code reviews

Keith Sheppard keithshep at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 06:09:17 PDT 2012

This looks great! One hitch though: it looks like I can monitor files
by name but what I really want to watch is a whole directory
"/llvm/trunk/include/llvm-c". I didn't see any way to do that. Do you
have any idea if that is possible? I can add a rule for each file
which is probably OK but then I'll miss any new files.

Best, Keith

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Sean Silva <silvas at purdue.edu> wrote:
> You might want to mention other functionality, like Herald, which I
> think fills a need that a lot of developers have.
>
> Well, I guess since this message is on the list, I can just say:
> Phabricator's "Herald" tool lets you (among other things) set up
> actions to happen in response to certain events; one huge use case for
> this is setting up alerts when parts of the tree that you are
> interested in watching get changed: this alleviates the problem of
> missing the chance to post-commit review on changes due to messages
> getting lost in the flood of llvm-commits mails.
>
> There's a lot of other functionality in Phabricator that I think might
> be useful; the big question is how to have it integrate properly into
> the mailing list---that's the reason I have held back in exploring
> some of the features.
>
> -- Sean Silva
>
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Manuel Klimek <klimek at google.com> wrote:
>> Dear LLVM / Clang community,
>>
>> we'd like to open the use of Phabricator as an optional tool for doing code
>> reviews to a wider audience. Please feel free to start your code reviews by
>> following the documentation at http://llvm.org/docs/Phabricator.html.
>>
>> Note that e-mail is still the reference medium for code reviews. Please let
>> me know about any problems with Phabricator or the documentation you find.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> /Manuel

keithsheppard.name