[cfe-dev] Clang/LLVM Member Function Pointers size and behavior?

John McCall rjmccall at apple.com
Tue Oct 16 12:03:54 PDT 2012

On Oct 16, 2012, at 11:56 AM, Devid wrote:
> To be more precise I am using Itanium NameMangling because  MS Mangling is
> not ready.

Well, but this obviously doesn't give you any MSVC compatibility.

> Now we have MicrosoftCXXABI in CodeGen that is pretty empty and full of
> FIXME:.
> We also have ItaniumCXXABI in CodeGen that is responsible for Itanium ABI
> and for ARM ABI this is a bit strange.

That's because the ARM ABI is 99% equivalent to the Itanium ABI.
This is not true of the Microsoft ABI.

> So one way could be to add  bool IsMSVC  to  ItaniumCXXABI.

MicrosoftCXXABI is full of FIXMEs because we haven't implemented those
things.  If you implement them, you can resolve the FIXMEs.  Implementing
them in ItaniumCXXABI and leaving the FIXMEs in place is missing the
point.

John.