[cfe-dev] Clang/LLVM Member Function Pointers size and behavior?

Devid DevOmem at web.de
Tue Oct 16 11:26:03 PDT 2012

> I'm confused.  You need compatibility with MSVC about the size of member
> function pointers, but you don't care about compatibility of, say, class
> layout
> or vtables or anything like that?

Well it would be great that this will be compatible too but for now member
function pointers compatibility is probably enough.
For example I just do not use virtual functions for now.

> You'll have to also hack code generation so that
Any tips where to start doing this ?

> These are just private changes and you're not hoping to upstream them,
> right?
This is dependent. If I will be able to find proper solution then upstream
them would be great.
But for now it appears for me like a Ugly Hack that nobody really need,
except of me.

Of course the unimaginative goal would be configurable MSVC compatibility!