[cfe-dev] trouble using scons with scan-build

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:11:13 PDT 2012

Hi,

Im trying to get scan-build to ruin with 'scons', but am running into
some issues. 'scons' clears the environment on execution, so you have
to explicitly import them again, by explicitly importing them at the
top of 'SConstruct' :

import os

And then set the compiler in config.py :

env['CC'] = os.getenv("CC")
env['CXX'] = os.getenv("CXX")

and then running

scan-build scons
(which overrides CC and CXX)

But in the screen output issues are reported, but they dont show up in
the dir specified by '-o', and at the end of the compilation it says :

scan-build: Removing directory '/tmp/foo' because it contains no reports.

Even though I saw it report issues in the screen output.

I dont understand what is going on here ? Why are issues reported in
the screen output, but are they not saved in the dir specified by -o ?

Regards,

John Smith.