[cfe-dev] is it possible to build a completely static clang?

David Tweed David.Tweed at arm.com
Fri Oct 12 02:41:55 PDT 2012

| Top level question: is it possible to set up a configuration of clang so that it build completely statically-linked programs? (Drivers forking themselves isn't a problem, it's doing any kind of dynamic loading of code). From the optiosn I've tried sticking "-static" and "--enable-static" everywhere this doesn't work.

Sorry: this came out slightly unclear. I want to build the clang executable, and any executables it calls, in doing its work of compiling so that they don't dynamically load any code. I'm not concerned with the executables that clang itself builds. I want to do this in order to track which functions are called when running clang in given circumstances.

Sorry for the garbledness