[cfe-dev] constness on clang::CXXMethodDecl::isConst

Arnaud de Grandmaison arnaud.adegm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 05:21:44 PDT 2012

On Sunday 07 October 2012 13:54:12 Laszlo Nagy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just found that these two methods are non-const, but see no reason not
> to be const.
>
>   clang::CXXMethodDecl::isConst
>   clang::CXXMethodDecl::isVolatile
>
> Did make the big change on my local copy, it compiles gently. And my
> two questions are: Is this change (to make these two methods const
> qualified) acceptable? And if it is, what is the commit choreography I
> need to follow?

Hi Lazzlo,

The change looks acceptable to me.

The usual choregraphy is described at :
http://www.llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html#developer-policy

Basically, make a patch and submit it to the mailing list. Modify the patch
with the reviewers' feedback. When the review gets positive, then either you
commit it if you have commit access, or someone (often the patch reviewer)
will do it for you.

Cheers,
--
Arnaud de Grandmaison