[cfe-dev] make install-what flavor of clang is installed?

Larry Evans cppljevans at suddenlink.net
Sat Oct 6 20:19:21 PDT 2012

On 10/06/12 21:48, Larry Evans wrote:
> The docs here:
>
> http://llvm.org/docs/MakefileGuide.html#install
>
> say:
>
>   copies all libraries, headers, executables and documentation to
>   the   directory given with the --prefix option to configure.
>
> However, under clang, there can be several executables.  For example,
> the clang executable can be in any one of these directories:
>
>    Debug+Asserts
>    Release+Asserts
>    Debug+Profile+Asserts
>
> which one does:
>
>   make install
>
> place in the prefix directory?
>
> TIA.
>
> -Larry

Used `make printvars` so show:

make printvars ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1
llvm[0]: BuildMode    :  Release+Asserts
llvm[0]: PROJ_SRC_ROOT:  /home/evansl/download/llvm/svn/llvm

make printvars ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=0
llvm[0]: BuildMode    :  Debug+Asserts
llvm[0]: PROJ_SRC_ROOT:  /home/evansl/download/llvm/svn/llvm

So I guess the executable moved to the prefix directory depends
on the value of BuildMode and the value of BuildMode depends
on the values of various ENABLE_* macros.

Is that about right?

-Larry