[cfe-dev] PATCH - Support for c++ includes directories mingw-w64

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Sat Oct 6 20:00:21 PDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Rafael EspĂ­ndola <rafael.espindola at gmail.com
> wrote:

> > I have no idea what you are talking about. This is my very first patch
> > to clang, and it just solved my problem. If there are better places to
> > patch to achieve the same goal, I really don't care :-)
>
> There is a new way that is used by linux, but I don't think anyone has
> signed up for moving mingw to it.
>
> Chandler, do you think Christer's patch is OK?

Not that there is anything wrong with the patch, but we really shouldn't be
adding hacks here. If someone cares about mingw header search, the patch
sholud be to move that logic to the driver and fix it there.

Notably, doing this will remove the need for what Christer's patch is doing
-- the driver has logic to search for any viable GCC version in the header
search path rather than hard-coding a list. I think that's the proper way
to fix this.