[cfe-dev] JSONCompilationDB Parser

ramneek onewastedlife at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 00:26:55 PST 2012

Would it be ok if i worked on a patch to move things to a namespace for the first cut while we decide how we can allow plugins.
Also we should be ignoring the namespaces that we are not using so it allows applications to add their custom data to while preserving the acceptable file format.

My proposal is actually simple:

This is what we have today:
[ { "directory": "/home/user/llvm/build", "command": "/usr/bin/clang++ -Irelative -DSOMEDEF='\"With spaces and quotes.\"' -c -o file.o file.cc", "file": "file.cc" }, … ]
We can move it to (cc = compile commands):
{ "cc" : { "directory": "/home/user/llvm/build",
"command": "/usr/bin/clang++ -Irelative -DSOMEDEF='\"With spaces and quotes.\"' -c -o file.o file.cc", "file": "file.cc" }, … ]

One thing that we will have to be careful about is that we will have to patch the cmake compilation command generation facility as well..
I can look into that as well or make the change such that it is backwards compatible?

Regards