[cfe-dev] Statements that end with ;

Mohammad Adil madil90 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 13:09:17 PST 2012

Hi,
   I think I didn't state my question correctly. I meant that is there some
way to visit statements that end with ";" and are executed in one execution
cycle. I just want to identify whether a statement started after a ";" and
ended with a ";". e.g.

int a;

a = a + 2;

   I only want to visit these two lines. How can I tell these two
statements apart from things like DeclRefExpr which need to have a parent
statement that includes them (DeclRefExpr is not a statement type that can
be executed)

Regards,
Adil

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 1:59 AM, Yang Chen <chenyang at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> madil90 wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>   I need to identify statements that end with ";". I mean, how does clang
>> represent a statement that is executed independently e.g.
>>

> You can check all statement classes here:
>
> http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/**classclang_1_1Stmt.html<http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/classclang_1_1Stmt.html>
>
>  int a;    // what type of statement is this?
>>

> I assume you define ``a'' as a local variable, then ``int a;'' is a
> DeclStmt.
>
>  a = a + 2;   // or this?
>>

> It's a BinaryOperator -
>
> http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/**classclang_1_1BinaryOperator.**html<http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/classclang_1_1BinaryOperator.html>