[cfe-dev] Introducing cfe-users mailing list!

Mehdi AMINI mehdi.amini at silkan.com
Wed Nov 14 23:34:25 PST 2012

Le 15/11/2012 00:13, Chris Lattner a écrit :

> On Nov 14, 2012, at 7:06 PM, Sean Silva <silvas at purdue.edu> wrote:
>
>> Quick, before it's too late!: call it `clang-users`.
>>
>> "those who need help using clang" are the ones who most need to *not*
>> be confused by `cfe-`. For the sake of our users, please rename this;
>> it adds an extra step of confusion that would simply "disappear" if it
>> were named appropriately. Also, names should be self-documenting :)
>
> Calling it cfe-users is consistent with our other clang mailing lists.  When the mailing lists are *all* moved of mail.cs.uiuc.edu, we'll rename all the clang lists to be clang-* instead of cfe-*.  In the meantime, consistency is good.

For what it's worth, it seems to me that "clang" as the C/C++ compiler
is cfe+llvm, then why would it be more consistent to name it cfe-users
than llvm-users?
Obviously since this list intends to target people using "clang" as in
the binary and *not* clang is the "clang-cfe", I second Sean Silva on
the name.

My 2 cents,

Mehdi