[cfe-dev] more --sanitize= flags

Kostya Serebryany kcc at google.com
Tue Nov 6 10:53:51 PST 2012

Hi,

We need more clang flags in two categories:
   - flags that modify the behavior of asan/tsan/msan
   - flags that enable additional features of asan/tsan/msan

As we just discussed with Richard Smith, the flags should probably look
like this:

modify the behavior:
   -f[no-]sanitize-address-zero-base-shadow # zero base for asan, should
check that -pie is present, linux-only
   -f[no-]sanitize-memory-track-origins  # msan track-origins (once msan is
in trunk, of course)

add additional features:
  -fsanitize=address,global-init-order,use-after-return,use-after-scope #
asan subphases, currently off by default.

Does that sound good? Anything else?

Thanks,

--kcc