[cfe-dev] Move constructor forces copy assignment to be implicitly defaulted?

Steve Ramsey clang at lucena.com
Tue May 29 11:00:23 PDT 2012

On May 29, 2012, at 9:40 AM, Suman Kar wrote:
> While I understand the previous bit I'm stumped with the 'technically
> move constructible' bit. Can you elaborate?

Being move-constructible doesn't imply that something has a move constructor; thanks to the Note in 12.8 p9, anything that can't be moved can always be copied, assuming it is copy-constructible. Determining whether a given move operation will result in a move or fall back to a copy requires a bit  more work than simply checking std::is_move_constructible (or std::is_nothrow_move_constructible).

			Steve