[cfe-dev] -no-implicit-float for ARM

Chad Rosier mcrosier at apple.com
Mon May 14 17:31:37 PDT 2012

I would like to add a command line option, -no-implicit-float, that will cause the noimplicitfloat attribute to be added to functions when targeting ARM.  This attribute disables implicit floating point instructions.  X86 already utilizes this attribute when the -msoft-float option is used.  Unfortunately, we can't use -msoft-float on ARM, because it's already defined to mean something else.  Therefore, I would like to propose we allow the driver to accept the -no-implicit-float option directly (i.e., basically forwarding the -no-implocit-float option to cc1).  Does anyone have any opinions, comments or suggestions?
 Regards,
  Chad