[cfe-dev] scan-build man page

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Thu May 10 20:05:14 PDT 2012

On Thu, 10 May 2012 15:53:43 -0700
Anna Zaks <ganna at apple.com> wrote:

> I've just noticed that there is some discrepancy in the man page,
> where a lot of checkers that are turned on by default are marked as
> [off]. For example, all of unix and osx checkers.

Thanks, Anna.  When someone finds a mistake, that means it's not being
ignored.

If the man page is accepted into the tree, I promise to fix it.  The
complete ON list AIUI would be these:

$ scan-build | awk '/[+]/ {print $2}' | fgrep .
core.AdjustedReturnValue
core.AttributeNonNull
core.CallAndMessage
core.DivideZero
core.NullDereference
core.StackAddressEscape
core.UndefinedBinaryOperatorResult
core.VLASize
core.builtin.BuiltinFunctions
core.builtin.NoReturnFunctions
core.uninitialized.ArraySubscript
core.uninitialized.Assign
core.uninitialized.Branch
core.uninitialized.CapturedBlockVariable
core.uninitialized.UndefReturn
deadcode.DeadStores
unix.API
unix.Malloc
unix.cstring.BadSizeArg
unix.cstring.NullArg

On my NetBSD system the osx checkers are all off.  If that is varies by
OS, that's something we need to know for the documentation discussion.

--jkl