[cfe-dev] cc language dialect

David Chisnall csdavec at swan.ac.uk
Thu May 10 15:03:16 PDT 2012

Hello the list,

When using clang as cc, we are finding that a lot of programs rely on the fact that c99 is a c99 compiler, and cc is a c89 compiler.  Presumably we also don't want c99 to default to c11 when we make clang default to c11.  I added a little hack to driver.cpp to select a default dialect based on the invocation name, but:

- Is this generally useful (POSIX says people should stop using cc in 1997 and it seems to be gone from the latest version of the spec)
- If so, is driver.cpp the correct place to do it?

David