[cfe-dev] scan-build man page

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Thu May 10 11:17:17 PDT 2012

On May 10, 2012, at 3:36 AM, David Röthlisberger <david at rothlis.net> wrote:

> Hi James
>
> Don't let yourself be discouraged by these people expecting some kind of "perfect" solution... it is far too hard to get even the smallest change in, but do persevere. :-)
>
> --Dave.

How in any way is this a productive comment?  We keep high standards because we want to make high quality tools.  I'm sorry if you submitted a patch in the past that wasn't reviewed as quickly as you hoped, or didn't go as smoothly as you wished, but we do try and make sure that what goes into the repository is good stuff.

In this case in particular, I honestly don't' see what is wrong about having a discussion about what is the best solution for the users.  I very much appreciate James work on creating a man page, but I think there are issues here worth discussing.  That doesn't mean we won't accept the patch, but this discussion is all part of the review process.  Any time we throw something into the repository we are committing to maintaining it, and I'm very much interested in what is in the best interest for our users.