[cfe-dev] [libc++] Could we remove all support for building in a mode without R-value references from C++11 library components?

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Mon May 7 22:33:25 PDT 2012

I happen to be looking at <future>, and it is needlessly complicated by a
great deal of code to support working in a compilation mode without r-value
references. Clang and GCC both support r-value references, and this header
is a C++11-only header to begin with, so it seems that the need for this
has past. Could we remove it to simplify large parts of libc++? Would it
have any negative effects on the ABI? (I assume not on the latter, or at
least, switching it off should already have had the ABI effect, so that
ship has sailed....)

-Chandler