[cfe-dev] decent manual for clang

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Wed May 2 04:06:05 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:49 PM, Eric Christopher <echristo at apple.com> wrote:
> The idea is that it'll be compatible via driver with as many compilers as we can, just that the gcc support is quite a bit further along. That said the only manuals that exist are on clang.llvm.org. I don't know offhand if anyone is working on it.

Someone who knows better than I do what all the individual compilers
are that CLang presently emulated, please file a bug report that
points out that that other compiler's support in CLang is either not
completely documented, or not at all documented.  Give some estimate
of how well it is documented.

I would suggest one single bug report that gives a brief mention of
every single other compiler, that links to a Related Bug that gives
more detail for each individual compiler.

Even if no one gets to writing a manual sometime soon, a good start
would be to make it more obvious that someone needs to.

There are lots of people who either like to write documentation, or
are good at it, even if they know little or nothing about coding.
People like that are looking to help out Open Source projects all they
time, but it may not be at all obvious to totally new volunteers that
CLang could use some technical writers.

--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
Dulcinea Technologies Corporation