[cfe-dev] GSoC 2012: Static Function Blacklisting

Mark McCurry mark.d.mccurry at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 10:05:42 PDT 2012

I do want to avoid manual annotations and I would hope to have some
basic support for determining if code in another translation unit is
"safe".
For this to be done, I should only need the AST from multiple
translation units, which I had thought would not be too complex within
clang's static analysis.
Would this be simplified greatly by making this analysis a separate tool?

If not, I think the logical path is to work within each translation
unit to check for safety as that process should be extendable once
clang's static analysis has incorporated support for shifting
information between translation units.
Is any work currently being done in cross translation unit analysis or
it is just sitting on a todo list?

This analysis would definitely be more useful to users if it could do
those checks, but it should still be of use without them.
As per me working on some of the cross translation code, I might be
able to get enough working for a proof of concept, but I have a poor
gauge of how much time it would consume.

--Mark