[cfe-dev] configure --enable-targets conflicts with the configure -target (SVN r152999)

Kees Jongenburger kees.jongenburger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 08:00:48 PDT 2012

Hello

I followed http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html and I did a checkout of
llvm and it's tools. I am trying to enable arm support and therefore ran
configure using the following option

 ../llvm/configure --enable-targets x86,x86_64,arm but this does not work.
It actually results is
checking build system type... Invalid configuration `x86,x86_64,arm':
machine `x86,x86_64,arm' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ../llvm/autoconf/config.sub x86,x86_64,arm failed

This is caused by configure parsing the "-target" part in
 "--enable-targets" and trying to configure the "target" to be
.x86,x86_64,arm this will not work
I am not sure how to fix this but I like to mention it so some autotools
person can fix it

I worked around the issue by using some configure magic.

export enable_targets+set = ""
export enable_targets=x86,x86_64,arm
../llvm/configure

Greetings