[cfe-dev] Version agnostic path search for mingw

Nikola Smiljanic popizdeh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 07:01:40 PDT 2012

> This will only work for single digit versions.  Might want to modify
> the regex to handle multi-digit releases?

I haven't seen those. Does such release even exist?

> Also, are there ever releases with only a major and minor version?

They use 0 as the last digit in this case. 4.5.0 is an example.

> Also, I wonder if we can continue the generalization of the functions
> so they can be used by any of the triples which have version numbers
> in their paths?

Ugh, I don't think so, the functions we have right now are so specific
and build paths in very different ways. But if you have an idea I'll
gladly try it out.

I think this whole business with header search is far from perfect,
you can't possibly detect mingw. We'll have to live with assumptions.
I'm guessing that this should be solved with some kind of config file
but this is something the universal driver should do right?