[cfe-dev] Link error compiling with -faddress-sanitizer (___asan_init undefined)

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Mar 13 17:09:16 PDT 2012

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:19:38 -0700, Nico Weber said:

>Did you check out and build compiler-rt as described on
>http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html ? (It's a recent addition, so
>if you skipped that page because you already had a clang checkout, you
>might have missed it.)

Nico,

Exactly right.  If I follow those instructions and build with configure/make then I get a clang that accepts -faddress-sanitizer.  Thanks.

But if I build with CMake, which is what I usually do, it still doesn't seem to work.  Should it?  Is there a special option to turn on?  LLVM_BUILD_RUNTIME and LLVM_INCLUDE_RUNTIME are on by default, if they're related.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com