[cfe-dev] libstdc++ Windows port

Ruben Van Boxem vanboxem.ruben at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 11:14:01 PST 2012

> Thanks, that looks like a great idea as a starter. <chrono> is close to
> building but not quite there. support/win32 is fine, I'll follow the
> existing code wherever possible.
> I have 3 days off next week with internet but no car so I hope to be
> able to get into it properly then.
> I notice the current support/win32 code pulls in for example
> <xlocinfo.h> I'd like to confirm where this is coming from as it doesn't
> seem to be supplied by MinGW and the Microsoft Platform SDK version is
> clearly licensed 'All Rights Reserved' which would I presume prevent it
> from being used under the llvm BSD style license. I've no interest in
> starting a legal argument here I'm just wanting to confirm #include
> paths for an external dependency.
>
> Matthew F.

Hi,

I'm the original author of the win32 code. My MinGW-w64 toolchain has
xlocinfo.h, it is a standard Win32 header. I'd advise using this over
standard MinGW due to better alignment with the Windows SDK headers IMHO.
#include'ing a C runtime header does not affect licensing of the code that
uses it whatsoever.

If you have any questions regarding how I built libc++ on Windows, feel
free to contact me off-list.

Note that VS2010 and the VS11 Developer Preview had problems with libc++
type_traits code, so you're better off using MinGW-w64 GCC or Clang itself.

To run the tests you'll need MinGW(-w64), as Clang+MSVC headers and libs
cannot produce executables yet.

Ruben