[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] is configure+make dead yet?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Jun 28 08:50:20 PDT 2012

On 6/28/2012 11:35 AM, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:

>>> The CMake devs say that it is the best that can be done with what
>>> Xcode can do.  For example in Xcode you can not have a target
>>> depend on an arbitrary file.
> This is going off topic, but isn't possible to create "script build
> step" instead with the dependencies in the list of input file for
> this step (and specifying the output file to let Xcode bypass this
> step if it is not needed).

That is pretty much what we do.  We have a script build step that is run
before each target.  If it finds stuff out of date, it removes the files
that are out of date.  Then Xcode does the build.   Anyway, most of this
is hidden from the user anyway.  This is off topic, so maybe if people
have specific complaints about the Xcode files CMake creates, they can
send them to me.

-Bill