[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] is configure+make dead yet?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Wed Jun 27 15:18:25 PDT 2012

Eric Christopher <echristo at apple.com>
writes:

>>> So it doesn't for Xcode? CMake comes with an Xcode generator which had
>>> (has?) several nasty limitations. Time ago some Apple people were in
>>> touch with the CMake developers and, IIRC, patches were proposed. I
>>> guess that the Xcode generator still lacks in quality.
>>
>> I have no idea.
>>
>> I believe Doug when he claims that he used it and it's not measuring up ;)
>
> I've heard this from others as well.

A CMake generator is not terribly complex. Sadly, I have no access to
Xcode (nor to a Mac) but I'm sure that any developer with several free
hours can improve things quite a bit. From the discussions with Apple
people I mentioned above, it was clear that the CMake developers are
aware of the inferior quality of the Xcode generator, but they say that
there is little interest from the Xcode users.