[cfe-dev] is configure+make dead yet?

Eric Christopher echristo at apple.com
Thu Jun 21 16:46:43 PDT 2012

On Jun 21, 2012, at 11:34 AM, Nick Lewycky wrote:

> I want to add support for --compress-debug-sections to the assembler.
> That means that I'd like to add a new optional dependency (on zlib) to
> llvm, and couldn't. The problem is that I can't run AutoRegen.sh even
> after searching for the right versions of all the autoconfy bits.
> Debian has a "snapshot" server with every version of every package
> they've ever had, and even that failed me; I found autoconf 2.59 and
> 2.61, but no 2.60.

ftp.gnu.org has everything you need. I usually just build the individual bits
and go on any new machine. Including downloads it takes about 20 mins.

Also, if you find that you've successfully configured etc on a new platform
after upgrading the autoconf send a message that you want to upgrade it
and it's usually OK in my book.

-eric