[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] is configure+make dead yet?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Thu Jun 21 14:31:47 PDT 2012

Anton Korobeynikov
<anton at korobeynikov.info> writes:

>> Anton, I've posted this information several times on this list, IIRC
>> some of them after you claimed that cmake can't cross-compile, so I hope
>> this is cleared once and for all:
>> http://llvm.org/docs/CMake.html#cross
>
> cmake certainly can crosscompile. But will you please provide the
> exact list of options / flags which is necessary to cross-compile
> llvm/clang from, say, linux/darwin to mingw32?

Well, taken from the URL above:

"Go directly to this section for a quick solution."

which links to

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling#Information_how_to_set_up_various_cross_compiling_toolchains

and there, the third line links to an example that cross-compiles from
Linux to Windows using MinGW.

The trick is writing the toolchain file, which you can get from the
example above and make the necessary changes on the paths to tools, etc.

> Note that tablege and some support libs need to be configured / built
> for both build and host systems, so, this certainly won't work out of
> the box :)

That was taken care a *long* time ago. Hope it still works.