[cfe-dev] MinGW 4.7.0-compiled Clang Mis-compiles Simple Programs

Justin Holewinski justin.holewinski at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 08:34:10 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Anton Korobeynikov <
anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:

> > On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:43:26 +0200, Nikola Smiljanic wrote:
> >> Is this the first time that you've tried 4.7? I saw this thread some
> >> time ago, but it isn't very helpful ;)
> >>
> >> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2012-April/021027.html
> >
> > Under Debian, I had to force the build of clang with gcc 4.6 because
> > gcc 4.7 miscompiles clang
> >
> > See:
> Well, this is not relevant here - it was subtle clang bug which was
> triggered by gcc 4.7 only. It was fixed on 3.1 release / mainline, so
> all other bugs should be reported to LLVM bugzilla.

I'm not sure this bug applies here, since it's the program generated *by*
Clang that is crashing, not Clang itself.  This leads me to believe it is a
codegen issue somewhere within Clang and not a mis-compile of Clang itself.
 Or perhaps its a subtle bug in MinGW's libstdc++ 4.7.0 build.

Everything does work fine if I downgrade to MinGW 4.6.3.

> --
> With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
> Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University

Thanks,

Justin Holewinski