[cfe-dev] RFC: A proposal for a Clang-based service architecture

Bill White bill.white at griggsinst.com
Tue Jun 12 07:56:30 PDT 2012

This is a very interesting proposal.  We have been thinking about
something like this for a while.

I would like to recommend the addition of indexing somehow.  What I'd
like is, given a file/line/column number, to retrieve the lexical and
static semantics of the token at the location.  The
filename/line/column number is essentially the content of the Cursor,
I think.

It might also be interesting to retrieve a comment, if the specified
location lands in a comment, but I'm not sure I know how libclang
handles comments.  I haven't seen comment handling in the libclang
documentation.