[cfe-dev] Compiling a simple Win32 program

Nikola Smiljanic popizdeh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 05:56:21 PDT 2012

While trying to say that my patch is not really needed I failed to explain
the main advantage. We'll remove a bunch of code that deals with windows
registry to detect installed version of visual studio and sdk. Right now
Clang prefers the version of the toolchain that was used to compile it,
which makes little sense for people using multiple versions of VS. It will
also allow you to target x64 from 32-bit Clang without having to specify
the target triple, you will just run clang from the cross tools command
prompt or run the appropriate vcvars.bat.

Hope this helps :)