[cfe-dev] How to setup a basic program using clang libs?

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Sat Jun 9 17:52:42 PDT 2012

The system headers thing is a major gotcha that really frustrated me when I
was first starting to program with clang. The reality is that the work of
setting up the default system headers is done by the Driver (or Frontend, I
forget which). Those parts of clang are separate from the Preprocessor, so
there is just no simple way to have it "just work" :(

The "usual" way to work around this is to run as a clang plugin. There are
docs about that at http://clang.llvm.org/docs/ClangPlugins.html

best of luck,
--Sean Silva