[cfe-dev] C++ analysis with Clang?

Karl Mazurak mazurak at cs.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 8 19:34:48 PDT 2012

On 06/05/2012 03:52 AM, Kostya Serebryany wrote:
> What kinds of bugs are you planing to hunt?

Probably the quickest summary is that we're looking for security bugs
involving misused libraries and assumptions about the environment, but
this is still pretty early and our exact priorities may shift.

On 06/04/2012 06:48 PM, Gregory Szorc wrote:
> Do you want something more? I agree parts could be more descriptive.
> Maybe we could check in generated HTML into docs/?

The most helpful thing I found was this blog post:

http://eli.thegreenplace.net/2011/07/03/parsing-c-in-python-with-clang/

But it's nearly a year old, and I don't know what's changed since then.
  So maybe something like that plus a link to the generated HTML?

On 06/04/2012 06:39 PM, Anna Zaks wrote:
> debug.ViewCFG output is based on Graphviz:
> http://llvm.org/docs/ProgrammersManual.html#ViewGraph

Ah, I was using a Release build.

--
Karl