[cfe-dev] Compiling a simple Win32 program

Kim Gräsman kim.grasman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 01:32:32 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Michael Spencer <bigcheesegs at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> For example like this
>>> link test.obj user32.lib msvcrt.lib msvcprt.lib
>
> This could be made to work without a separate link invocation, but
> someone would have to teach clang how to properly forward -l arguments
> to link.exe. It should actually be pretty simple.

Does clang have a chance to know where to look for LINK.EXE, or does
it just have to assume it's in the path?

I've run into some problems when I had gnuwin32's link.exe (which
creates filesystem links) in the path -- I eventually had to rename it
to glink.exe.

Just a heads-up if someone does work on this.

- Kim