[cfe-dev] Inconsistent use of size_t in SmallVector.h

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Mon Jun 4 16:35:24 PDT 2012

FWIW, SmallVector.h is part of LLVM, and so should be discussed on that
mailing list. Leaving cfe-dev on the line so those who saw the initial mail
can follow along.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Will Wilson <will at indefiant.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just a quick question regarding SmallVector.h: It seems the interfaces
> use a mixture of size_t, size_type and unsigned.  Building on Win64
> this causes numerous implicit conversion warnings when accessing
> anything by index. Is there any design/performance reason for this or
> can it be changed so the interfaces in question make consistant use
> size_type (currently typedef'd to size_t)?

I think SmallVector should be specified entirely in terms of size_type (and
it should be typedef'd to size_t as it is currently), but let's see if
others have opinions on this.