[cfe-dev] Info : Clang Static Analyzer Statistics

Anna Zaks ganna at apple.com
Mon Jun 4 10:43:15 PDT 2012

Umesh,

There are two options for statistic tracking in the analyzer:
 - debug.Stats checker (AnalyzerStatsChecker.cpp), which currently reports coverage in terms of reachable(analyzed) basic blocks in top level functions. This checker runs at the very end when analysis are complete.
 - -analyzer-stats option is based on LLVM's stats option (http://llvm.org/docs/ProgrammersManual.html#Statistic). It enables printing of various analyzer internal counters and timers, it's extremely easy to extend.

You are welcome to submit patches for stats which are missing.

Currently, the number of warnings issued is not reported as a statistic, but is reported as output of the analyzer run (Ex: "5 warnings generated").

Cheers,
Anna.