[cfe-dev] Compile errors when building kde-runtime

Nikola Smiljanic popizdeh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 03:49:14 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:36 PM, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:

> For what it's worth, -fixit mode only applies fixits on the warning
> itself. Fixits on notes are never automatically applied (as far as I
> know/understand) so that's where semantic-changing fixits can be
> found, in any order.
>
> Very few warnings have fixits on them directly for this reason.

Sorry for not replying sooner. This warning is definitely missing some
notes, but if I understand you correctly fixits are also fine? They won't
be applied but they still offer some useful information about the exact
code transformations that are needed to make the warning go away.

One more thing, the text "replace parentheses with an initializer to
declare a variable" is copied from DiagnosticSemaKinds.td verbatim. It's
needed in the ParseTentative.cpp which knows nothing about definitions in
Sema, so I'm guessing that there's no better way to solve this than to have
the same wording in two places?