[cfe-dev] New warning for mismatched include case

Jason Haslam jason.haslam at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 12:40:41 PDT 2012

On Jul 23, 2012, at 7:00 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Jul 23, 2012, at 9:16 AM, Jason Haslam wrote:
>
>> This updated patch adds a fixit and a test. The test fails on case-sensitive systems. Is it possible to test for an error on some platforms and a warning on others?
>
> Very cool, it would be really great to get this warning.  However, there is high risks of slowing down compile times here, have you done any analysis of the compile-time cost of this?

I have done some performance testing. I see less than 1% slowdown over parts of LLVM. For example, I build the LLVMSupport library repeatedly until the build time becomes more-or-less consistent. Then do the same thing with the warning enabled. I don't know if there's a better way to test this.

Jason