[cfe-dev] problem to pass parameter to clang

John McCall rjmccall at apple.com
Wed Jul 18 17:46:19 PDT 2012

On Jul 18, 2012, at 5:21 PM, Shang Yu wrote:
> I think this usage is strange and not straightforward. Will there be
> improvement in future release ? Many thanks!

No, there will not be an improvement.  -Xclang is an internal interface
that has been exposed to users with a lot of explicit warnings and caveats.
It is much better for it to have a simple, consistent specification than for
it to accumulate features (and so ambiguities) in the interest of being
easier to use.  Anything that we actually want to be easy to use should
be exposed through a proper driver option instead.

John.