[cfe-dev] Warning flag for attribute warnings

Richard Smith richard at metafoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 13:23:12 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Tanya Lattner <lattner at apple.com> wrote:

> I've added a new warning for an OpenCL attribute and it needs to go under
> a flag. I noticed that in the Misc/warning-flags.c test there are a bunch
> of attribute warnings that do not have flags.
>
> I think that the group "IgnoredAttribute" would apply to the warning I
> added and the following below as most are because the attribute is
> incorrectly applied and therefore ignored.
>
> Please let me know what you think and I'll go clean these up.

I think we'd benefit from a distinction between "your code is broken: the
attribute is ignored because it is being used incorrectly" and "we think
your code is fine but we do not support this attribute here" -- but we
don't currently have such a distinction so I think the change you're
proposing is fine.