[cfe-dev] C++11 attributes parsing

Alexander Kornienko alexfh at google.com
Fri Jul 6 07:16:57 PDT 2012

Hi all,

The whole purpose of this e-mail is to gather ideas regarding our needs for
C++11 attributes parsing. Right now, only select attributes are parsed in
C++11 style, attribute arguments parsing is not implemented, there's no
common check for matching attribute targets ("Subjects" field in Attr.td).
BTW, AFAIK, the latter is not implemented for GNU-style attributes either.

Currently, I see the following questions:
1. will we allow c++11 syntax for existing GNU attributes?
2. what new attributes do we expect to appear in c++11 syntax?
3. will they require late parsing of parameters?
4. do we need common code for checking attribute subjects? (currently,
subjects are checked in handle.*Attr functions)

If you have other ideas/information on requirements to c++11 attributes,
please post them here.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Kornienko