[cfe-dev] Libclang static analyzer

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Mon Jan 30 11:15:02 PST 2012

Hi Fredrik,

The current answer is no.  We could possibly enhance the analyzer to emit a new serialized format (e.g., bitcode) that can then be read back in via a separate libclang interface.  This is something I'd like to do at some point.  This allows libclang not to link in the analyzer, but does allow it to consume its output.  We recently enhanced libclang to read in serialized compiler diagnostics, so providing a new set of API hooks for reading in analyzer diagnostics would not be bad.  What would be really neat is if we had such a C API in place, this enables the construction of a bunch of rich clients (e.g., via the Python bindings) for analyzer diagnostics.

Ted