[cfe-dev] First shot at Bug 4127 - The clang driver should support cross compilation

James Molloy James.Molloy at arm.com
Tue Jan 10 01:17:44 PST 2012

> While you're using Lua as data storage format it won't cause any performance problems.

In that case what is the point in using a scripting language?

> If some user needs to use scripting to accomplish the task, it's not your problem if performance is optimal (however, Lua interpreter itself is damn fast).

Actually it is. If we provide a mechanism for a distributor to undo all the hard work everyone's put in to making Clang fast by merely writing a bad script, we have to live with the reputation of being slow. It doesn't matter whose fault it is as far as the user is concerned.

It's a no go as far as I'm concerned, and I'm sure when the Apple guys (Eric) wake up they'll weigh in :)

Cheers,

James